Established in 2004, Canadian Tank & Vessel provides experience in API 650 and API 653 services in above ground tank construction and repair, general structural steel and pressure vessel manufacturing and repair. We provide services to the Oil and Gas and Mining and Forestry industries, specializing in design, construction, maintenance and renovation in the tank industry.
Canadian Tank & Vessel requires a Welding Technologist to join our construction team and contribute to the continued growth of the company.
Reporting to senior management, this position involves estimating industrial construction projects ranging in size from $500,000 to multi-million-dollar projects.
The Certification Services Representative is responsible to certify and maintain welding
certification programs for new and existing clients and to promote other CWB related service lines. This includes auditing of companies, procedure testing, welder testing, visiting job sites, liaising with building inspectors, engineers, and current and prospective clients.
- Assistance in technical direction and oversight of Canadian Tank & Vessel personnel performing welding visual inspections or ITP hold point quality inspections.
- Support and direction to Canadian Tank & Vessel personnel creating welding and NDT specifications.
- Identification and creation of internal quality management processes and procedures
related to welding and NDT specification.
- Act as a technical lead when assigned with subcontract service providers of welding
process and testing engineering.
- Eligibility for Technologist, AScT or CET designation.
- Level II minimum welding inspector certification (CSA W178.2 or AWS CWI).
- Provincial red seal or equivalent journeyperson welding qualification.
- Excellent written, verbal, electronic reporting and data communication skills.
Salary to be set based on experience of candidate, including group benefits plan.
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.