The Co-op Student - Junior Project Coordinator will be working closely with our Project Managers and Estimators assisting with various project tasks and depending on experience and degree, may have the opportunity to manage a smaller project job scope. CT&V is open to any of the available terms and the position has the possibility of full-time employment after the term. This co-op internship reports to our Senior Project Manager/Estimator (P.Eng).
- Assist the estimating team to develop accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals.
- Build and maintain the project schedules using MS Project.
- Coordinate third-party vendors for subcontracts and materials including negotiating quotes to meet deadlines, quoting for estimates, and vendor management.
- Travel to sites, when required, to be onsite supervision and to complete inspections.
- Prepare methodology documentation and other required client paperwork, requested by Project Managers.
- Maintaining quality control (QA/QC) documentation and records for all testing and inspections.
- For smaller projects, ensure successful delivery of construction lifecycle from estimating, bidding, execution, and turnover.
- Create the bidding package for Chief Estimator approval before submission.
- Analyze client approval documents to put together a plan of execution.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget.
- Complete progress reports for clients.
- Direct purchases for project.
- Monitor progress against established schedules.
- Provide direction to site personnel.
- Ensure all safety paperwork is being filled out and filed.
- Ensure all quality (QA/QC) paperwork is being filled out.
- Complete turnover package. For smaller projects, ensure successful delivery of construction lifecycle from estimating, bidding, execution, and turnover.
- Option for a mechanical engineering co-op student to design as a part of the role.
- In the process of a 4 year engineering degree program in Canada.
- Ability to travel to sites, when required.
- Knowledge of the tank construction industry (API 650/620 & 653) or construction industry, an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedicated, well organized with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
Only candidates being interviewed will be contacted.